Our friendly and highly-trained early years practitioners are focused on providing a loving, fun and enjoyable education for your child. They work to ensure your child develops as an individual whilst helping to nurture and encourage learning through discovery and enjoyment.
At Toad Hall Nursery, we pride ourselves on recruiting staff that not only get on well with each other, but that the children adore and parents and carers can trust and respect. It’s vital that you are happy with the person who will look after your child.
Things you might like to know:
- We have a rigorous, safe recruitment program to ensure appropriate checks have been carried out for all new staff.
- Prior to starting, all staff must have an enhanced DBS disclosure and references are sought.
- As standard, ALL of our early years practitioners are paediatric first-aid trained (the statutory requirement is just one member of staff).
- We are also committed to continuous staff development and offer the best training opportunities to all of our nursery staff. Our team are constantly monitoring, evaluating and improving our standards of care, ensuring that we always work within current best practice.
- We are strong advocates of men in childcare.
- We offer creative music and dance classes by the team at Lucy Sparkles featuring problem solving and literacy themes.
- Apprenticeships play an important part of our recruitment and we actively work with our training provider to offer these excellent opportunities where both the employee and ourselves benefit greatly.
- Our experienced staff are trained in using Persona Dolls to encourage respect, tolerance and sensitivity among all children in our care through the use of storytelling.
- Our Lets Get Physical program with Jo Blank provides a wide range of activities to keep our little ones healthy.
- Kay Hiatt provides our Early Language Program and gives our team the best training. That way we can ensure your child’s early language skills are highly developed.
- Our innovative sports coaching sessions are designed to develop co-ordination and agility skills.
- Meryl Shepherd is our Early Years, Equality and Ethnicity Consultant. Using her extensive research, theory and practitioner experience, she will work with our nurseries to build on the good practice already in place.
- Judith Stevens devised our Magical Maths Programme. She continues to train our managers and early years practitioners and has even worked with LEGO to develop educational materials.
- Judy More, registered nutritionist and dietitian, supports us with with information for parents, training for staff and general advice with regards to nutrition.
- Harriet Price is an Early Years advisor working to develop quality practice at Toad Hall.
We adhere to the staffing ratios which are:
- 1 member of staff for 3 children under 2
- 1 member of staff for 4 children between the ages of 2 and 3
- 1 member of staff for 8 children between the ages of 3 and 5
We also employ staff who work over the lunch hour to allow our staff time for a break and to ensure as much continuity of staff as possible for the children.
If you are looking for a role in childcare as an early years practitioner, why not head over to our nursery jobs recruitment page?