HR Administrator required
Salary £19,000 per annum
40 hours per week Monday-Friday
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Administrator to join our small HR team, working in our Head Office in Hitchin. The focus of the role is to coordinate the recruitment activity for our nursery group which comprises of 13 day nurseries across the South East of England.
At Toad Hall, our children’s nurseries provide childcare and early education for children from the age of 3 months to school age. We are committed to providing the best possible early years experiences for the children and families that use our day nurseries.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. Our strong staff team work hard to ensure that the best care is given to the children, as well as ensuring that fun is had by all. This means that all our staff are equally important.
You will be confident and sociable with excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will be liaising with colleagues across all levels of the business including nursery managers and the leadership team. You will be the first point of contact for candidates and will need to possess the ability to match candidates to the requirements of the role.
This role would suit someone who has experience of working in a HR team and ideally possesses a CIPD level 3 qualification. You will be flexible and able to work on your own initiative.
About the role
Your role will predominantly focus on recruitment and ensuring we attract high calibre candidates. You will also provide administration support to the HR team and assist with the nurseries marketing presence on social media.
Initially, you will be responsible for managing all recruitment campaigns by posting adverts on a variety of job boards and social media, pro-actively sourcing candidates and liaising with nursery managers.
Occasional travel to our nurseries will be required.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Advertising vacancies on our Company website, Indeed and other job boards as applicable.
- Placing adverts on social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Managing the recruitment page of the Toad Hall website and updating as and when necessary.
- Pro-actively sourcing candidates by carrying out CV searches and liaising with the nursery managers.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with recruitment agencies including liaison with Indeed to monitor monthly usage.
- Actively researching alternative means of advertising by using social media and job boards etc.
- Managing the recruitment inbox and candidate tracking spreadsheet.
- Being the first point of contact for any candidate queries.
- Shortlisting applications and carrying out qualification checks to ensure qualifications are full and relevant in accordance with the Department for Education (DfE) guidelines.
- Carry out telephone interviews/screening process with candidates as necessary.
- Take an active role in selection processes; support managers with the arrangement of interviews and recruitment events.
- Prepare reports on the success of recruitment campaigns and identify opportunities for cost saving measures.
- Carry out appropriate background checks on Onfido and request employment references for candidates in a timely manner.
- Actively seek ways to reduce overheads on recruitment agency spend.
- Assist with the nurseries marketing presence on our social media platforms.
- Act as a note-taker in meetings with staff.
- Assist the HR Advisor with specific projects as and when required.
- Provide general administration support to the HR team on an ad-hoc basis.
You will need:
· 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths Grade C or above
· Previous experience working as a HR Administrator
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong IT skills – including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
· Knowledge of social media platforms for recruitment & marketing purposes
· The ability to work under pressure and prioritise own workload
· Attention to detail and accuracy
In return we provide:
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Staff bonus scheme
- Paid time off for dependants
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- Generous staff discounts available on childcare places for both you and a family member
- Excellent training and development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Closing date 28th March
Interviews commencing week 2nd April