Kitchen Assistant required
We are currently looking for a friendly, hardworking and enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant to join our busy kitchen team at one of our Toad Hall nurseries (dependent on the location of the nursery, the number of hours per week will vary)
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. Our strong staff team work hard to ensure that the best care is given to the children, as well as ensuring that fun is had by all. This means that all our staff are equally important.
10am-4pm – Felcott Road
1pm-5pm – Colmworth
You will have experience working in a kitchen environment, be passionate about preparing and cooking healthy, nutritional food, enjoy working in a busy environment and as part of a team, and respond well to instruction and direction.
About the role
To assist and support the Nursery Chef/Cook in day-to-day catering duties, providing the nursery children with balanced, healthy and nutritious meals, and to adhere to Health and Safety policy and procedure at all times, observing cleanliness and hygiene standards in the kitchen.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
• Supporting the Cook/Chef to prepare healthy, nutritious meals and snacks for the children
• Ensuring that hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is of the highest standard in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation.
• Following COSHH procedures
• Ensuring that children are served the correct food, being aware of allergies at all times
• Receiving and unloading food and equipment deliveries
You will need:
• Experience of working in a kitchen
• Experience of cooking with fresh ingredients using a set menu and recipes
• Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 would be an advantage, but full training will be given
• Knowledge and experience of health and safety standards is desirable
• To be a hard worker
• To be a team player
• To be organised
In return we provide:
• Free uniform
• Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
• Staff bonus scheme
• Paid time off for dependants
• Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
• Generous staff discounts available on childcare places for both you and a family member
• Excellent training and development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.