Nursery Administrator required
We are currently looking for a Nursery Administrator to join one of our Toad Hall nurseries. You will need previous experience in administration and the running of an office.
This role is for 20 hours per week
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Please bear in mind that the successful candidate will be based at Hitchin, however, will have to travel to all of our northern nurseries to help where required.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Be responsible for administration duties as agreed with the management team and to understand and comply with nursery policies and procedures
- Prepare and provide nursery staff with daily operational paperwork and keep all computer systems and records up to date and accurate at all times
- Ensure that all parents have signed a contract and agreed terms and conditions, that all records are filed accordingly and that parents and prospective parents’ needs and information is communicated clearly and positively
- In conjunction with the manager maintain and monitor budgets ensuring budget forms are kept up to date and prepare reports as necessary, including standard monthly reports, financial reports and statistical analysis of occupancy
- Working with the manager, effectively market the nursery in the local community utilising local events to promote the nursery’s image, assisting with following up enquiries, visits and calls and managing and maintaining the waiting list
- Be aware of and comply with Health and Safety at Work Act, EHO and COSHH regulations; ensure that all security systems are fully operational and unauthorised personnel are not given access to the nursery
- In conjunction with the Nursery manager to have specific responsibilities for Health and Safety within the nursery as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety manual
About the role
With overall responsibility for providing support to the Nursery Manager with the nursery administration providing high quality customer service and ensuring that the office runs smoothly. This will be a fast-paced environment which requires travel.
You will need:
- Experience of working in an office environment as an administrator and preferably have a relevant Business and Administration qualification Level 2 or above. A DBS check will also be completed. Please be aware that candidates who do not have the relevant experience will not be considered.
- The ability to travel to other northern nurseries as required.
- Experience at using Microsoft office
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
The salary for this role is dependent upon the location of the nursery. For more information, please get in touch with one of the Toad Hall staff by following the application guidelines below.
How to apply
If you are not sure that the Nursery Administrator role is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So, if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Nursery Administrator, download the Nursery Administrator role profile (pdf).