Nursery Assistant required
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Nursery Assistant to work with the children at our Nursery.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
With previous experience of working with children, you’re passionate about all aspects of childcare and committed to providing high quality care. You have excellent communication skills and are adept at building relationships at all levels.
About the role
Working as a Nursery Assistant, your job will be to ensure that the individual needs of the children in your care are met. You’ll look after children from 3 months to 5 years old, providing a caring and stimulating environment and adhering to all safeguarding requirements. You will also liaise with parents, responding with professionalism to all enquiries.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working together with the rest of the team to ensure the smooth running of the setting.
- Using your own initiative and imagination to come up with new ideas for activities.
- Interacting well with others, building relationships with children and parents and welcoming visitors to the setting.
- Providing high quality childcare to children aged between 3 months and 5 years.
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- An awareness of the Early Years Foundation Stage and how to apply this in your role.
- Awareness of the need to plan activities, observe and keep records for the young children in your care.
- Commitment to providing high quality childcare.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you are not sure that the Nursery Assistant role is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So, if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Nursery Assistant role, download the Nursery Assistant Role Profile (pdf).