We are currently looking for a friendly, hardworking cleaner to join our Colmworth setting at Toad Hall Nursery Group. This role will be for 10 hours per week, Monday-Friday 18:00-20:00.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. Our strong staff team work hard to ensure that the best care is given to the children, as well as ensuring that fun is had by all. This means that all our staff are equally important.
About the role
To undertake cleaning duties to a high standard throughout the Nursery, providing a clean, safe environment for the children and staff.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Cleaning all areas of the nursery including kitchen, play areas, staff room and office.
- To clean, dust and disinfect sinks, basins, countertops, toilets, mirrors, windows, doors and floors.
- Adhere to the nursery’s Policies and Procedures with regards to Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others whilst at work.
- To be aware of and act within the guidelines of Toad Hall Nursery’s risk assessments/procedures.
- Adhere to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- To ensure all cleaning products are stored safely in the designated cupboard at the nursery.
- To ensure the nursery is left in a safe and secure way at the end of your shift, ensuring all hazards have been removed and doors secured.
- To update the management team with any specific maintenance/cleaning requirements that needs to be carried out, but cannot be done within your remit e.g. cleaning of carpets.
- Take responsibility for materials, equipment and other supplies used for cleaning and advise the Nursery Manager of stock levels as necessary.
You will need:
- Ability to use initiative and prioritise workload
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Experience of working in a similar setting/ environment.
- Training in Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
In return we provide:
- Free uniform
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Staff bonus scheme
- Paid time off for dependants
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- Generous staff discounts available on childcare places for both you and a family member
- Excellent training and development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.