Lunch Cover required
Are you a qualified Nursery Nurse who can help us by covering our staff over the busy lunchtime period? This is a part-time position and the number of hours worked per day, Monday to Friday, will be dependent upon the location of the nursery.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Holding a Level 3 full and relevant Early Years qualification, you’re a capable and reliable early years worker who enjoys the noise and chaos of lunch time in a nursery! You’ll be able to roll your sleeves up and hit the ground running each day, providing essential cover for your colleagues on the team.
About the role
We require a Nursery Nurse to cover the busy lunch hours each day (hours are dependent on the location of each nursery), maintaining the ratios required and helping to care for the children throughout the lunchtime period. A fun and varied role, you’ll be working with children aged between 3 months and five years old.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Ensuring that children are cared for and that their needs are met.
- Interacting with a variety of people including children, families, visitors and members of the public, and using your excellent interpersonal skills to build good relationships and promote the friendly image of the nursery.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating activities appropriate to age and individual needs of the children ensuring the room layout supports these aims.
- Enjoying the hustle and bustle of a fun nursery!
- Supporting us during the busy lunch time period, ensuring that the care, learning and development for the children continues during this period.
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- A full and relevant Early Years qualification.
- A good understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and its application.
- The ability to keep records, observe and plan, taking into account the child’s individual needs.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you are not sure that a Lunch Cover Nursery Nurse position is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no other advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Nursery Nurse