Nursery Nurse required
Toad Hall Group are currently recruiting for a full time Nursery Nurse to join our successful team.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
You’re passionate about providing high quality childcare, and you probably have a Level 3 childcare qualification (we’ll consider candidates without this if they are right for the job). You’re a great team player with good communication skills, able to relate to small children and adults alike.
About the role
This is an exciting and fulfilling role that incorporates lots of variety. As a Nursery Nurse, you will spend your days looking after children from 3 months old, right up to pre-school age. You’ll ensure that the children have fun whilst being sensitive and attentive to their individual needs.
This role is open to those with an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, and we will also consider those with Level 2 or who are currently unqualified. We may be able to offer funded qualifications to a candidate who is looking to study.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working together with the rest of the team to provide high quality care for children aged 0-5.
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the nursery by adhering to the relevant policies and procedures.
- Using your knowledge, experience and imagination to come up with new ideas and activities.
- Building relationships with children and communicating well with their parents.
- Making sure every working day is fun!
You will need:
- Suitable qualifications: an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent. We’ll also consider Level 2 and unqualified candidates with the right mix of skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS, and the ability to refer to the EYFS Framework when planning activities.
- To be aware of the role of planning, observation and keeping records when caring for nursery aged children.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with children and meeting their needs.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you are not sure that a Nursery Nurse position is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So, if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interviews will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Nursery Nurse role, download the Nursery Nurse Role Profile (pdf).