Part time Nursery Nurse required
We’re looking for a part time Nursery Nurse to join our friendly team (dependent on the location of the nursery, the number of hours per week will vary).
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
A professional and friendly person, you’ll have an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and a good understanding of the EYFS. You’re passionate about caring for children of all ages and delivering a high quality service.
About the role
This is a part time role, working 20 hours per week. As a Nursery Nurse you will be involved in the day-to-day care of babies and children in our Toad Hall nursery, providing high quality childcare and adhering to safeguarding best practice.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Caring for children of all ages (0-5 years) within the nursery setting, planning activities, keeping records and meeting their individual needs.
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with children, parents and other team members, as well as visitors.
- Enjoying the fun and excitement that every day at nursery brings!
You will need:
- A NVQ Level 3 qualification in Childcare or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and how this applies in practice.
- To understand the importance of planning, observation and record keeping when caring for young children.
- To be passionate about providing high quality childcare.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you are not sure that this Part Time Nursery Nurse position is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
Do take a moment to look around the Work for Us area where you can learn about the benefits of working at Toad Hall, discover how we develop our staff, as well as how we reward loyalty and commitment.
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So, if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Nursery Nurse role, download the Nursery Nurse Role Profile (pdf).