Part time Nursery Nurse Level 2-3 required
Come and join our successful team! We’re looking for a part time Nursery Nurse with a Level 2 or 3 qualification (dependent on the location of the nursery, the number of hours per week will vary).
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
For this role, you’ll need a relevant qualification in Childcare, at Level 2 or 3. You’ll enjoy working in a fun and friendly childcare environment and will take your caring responsibilities seriously, using your knowledge of the EYFS and child safeguarding to inform your day-to-day work.
About the role
Being a Nursery Nurse at Toad Hall is a fulfilling and rewarding job. You’ll take the responsibility of caring for children in a range of age groups, from babies’ right up to five-year-olds. As a Nursery Nurse, you will ensure that the children in your care have all their needs met, from feeding and personal care, through to stimulation via exciting and age-appropriate activities.
This is a part time role (hours per week are dependent on the location of the nursery).
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working in a team to ensure that the setting is run smoothly from day to day.
- Taking responsibility and acting as a key worker for a group of children.
- Keeping records and keeping families up to date with the children’s progress.
- Planning and implementing activities.
- Following safeguarding and other procedures to ensure the children’s safety at all times.
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- A Level 2 or 3 qualification in Childcare.
- To demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS and how to put it into practice.
- The ability to observe and keep records for the children in your care, as well as planning activities to suit their needs.
- Plenty of motivation and enthusiasm for providing high quality childcare.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 850 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you are not sure that a Nursery Nurse position is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So, if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Nursery Nurse role, download the Nursery Nurse Role Profile (pdf).