We are currently seeking people who are passionate about childcare to join our team of staff as a Room Leader. Our staff are essential to the smooth running of our nurseries and are valued members of the team; you will build relationships with children and parents and be involved fully in nursery life.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
40 hours per week
About the role
The Room Leader is responsible for the day-to-day running of their room and supporting the management team in leading the setting to ensure that high quality childcare is provided to all. This role profile is not exhaustive and the Room Leader is expected to fulfil any duty as required for the effective running of the setting.
- You want a successful nursery group to invest in you.
- You want to work for a company who strive to make a difference in the children you care for.
- You want to be part of an innovative, creative and fun team.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working as part of a team and using your initiative and imagination to generate new ideas
- Using your excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with parents, children and welcome visitors to the Nursery
- Looking after children of all ages
- Planning, implementing and evaluating a curriculum appropriate to age and individual needs of the children ensuring the room layout supports these aims
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- A NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent
- A good understanding of the EYFS and to be able to use this to plan activities for the children
- Awareness of planning, observing and record keeping for young children and the ability to link these to the individual child’s needs.
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you are not sure that the Room Leader role is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So, if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Room Leader role, download the Room Leader Role Profile (pdf).