Third in Charge required
In order to maintain the smooth running of our nurseries, we are currently seeking people who are passionate about childcare to join our team in a Third in Charge position.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
You’re an able and enthusiastic leader, a people person who can communicate well with others at all levels, from employees to young children. With previous experience of leading a team, you’ll have an excellent understanding of all standards and requirements that our nursery needs to comply with, including the EYFS, Ofsted and Health and Safety.
About the role
As Third in Charge, you will join the management team at Toad Hall, supporting the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
For detailed information about this role, please download or refer to the Third in Charge Role Profile (pdf).
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Ensuring that the EYFS is implemented and followed throughout the team to an exemplary standard.
- Providing day-to-day leadership and management for the team and staff across the nursery as required.
- Being involved in the recruitment of staff, including but not limited to, shortlisting, interviewing and observing safer recruitment practices.
- Assisting in the effective use of social media and other marketing activities as required.
- Fulfilling the role of key person to an exemplary standard, providing a positive role model for team members.
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- A full and relevant Early Years qualification – Level 3 or above.
- An excellent working knowledge of the EYFS and the Ofsted inspection framework.
- Experience of people management and dealing with employee issues.
- A comprehensive understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of employment legislation including equal opportunities legislation.
- To be fully trained in safeguarding and paediatric first aid.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you are not sure that this Third in Charge role is right for you, then visit our vacancies page which has an up to date list of all job roles at the Toad Hall Nursery group.
Working at Toad Hall
It’s worth highlighting that to be a member of staff at Toad Hall, experience of working in a nursery is desirable but not essential as we provide excellent training and development opportunities. So if you have a friend or family member who has an interest in a career in childcare, we would love to talk to them.
If there are no advertised nursery jobs that catch your eye, please fill out this contact form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you shortly to find out what you’re looking for.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
For detailed information about the Third in Charge role, download the Third in Charge Role Profile (pdf).