At Toad Hall we know that our staff have to come first. By developing our staff, taking care of their needs and showing them the benefits of working in childcare, they in turn provide excellent care and development opportunities for the children in our care – and it’s not just the children who get to have lots of fun!
When you join Toad Hall you’ll benefit from fantastic colleagues with years’ of knowledge and experience in the early years sector. With 13 nurseries in the group you’ll be surrounded by people who are there to help and inspire you and provide the very best care to the families that use our nurseries. For a great insight into what it’s like working for Toad Hall take a look at our recent article about Sophie Smith who explains her role of a nursery nurse at Toad Hall Colmworth, our nursery in Bedford. We also explain in this section the various nursery job roles we have at Toad Hall Nursery Group.
To find out more about our nominations for employee engagement click below!
The benefits of working in childcare – We will …
Invest in you
A career at Toad Hall will allow you to continuously develop and extend your childcare skills and knowledge. Whether it is professional qualifications, in-house programs or local authority training, we actively encourage and support the continued learning of our staff. We are proud to be supporting staff through their GCSEs to enable them to also achieve their Level 3. Find out more about our early years training and development opportunities.
As well as investing in our permanent members of staff, our apprentices are equally valuable members of the Toad Hall team. This is why we offer all those undergoing childcare apprenticeships the same learning and development opportunities as all permanent staff members.
Reward your loyalty
When you start with us you will receive 28 days’ paid annual leave (inclusive of bank and public holidays) – one of the many benefits of working in childcare. This then increases with each complete year of service, up to a maximum of 33 days’ holiday. You can also opt to purchase up to 5 additional days’ leave each year (eligibility criteria applies).
Our staff receive a loyalty bonus at 5, 10 and 15 years’ service.
Look after your health
We take health and well-being of all staff and children seriously at Toad Hall. To provide you with additional peace of mind that your health comes first, we can offer the following:
- Paid time off to attend important medical appointments.
- 3 days’ paid sick pay in a rolling 12 months.
- Watch this space for more well-being initiatives being introduced in 2016.
Look after your family
The benefits of working in childcare within the Toad Hall Nursery Group can also extend to your own family. Here are a few of our benefits offered to Toad Hall employees:
- 25% off your childcare fees, which increases if you become a Nursery Manager, on top of the tax relief available for a workplace nursery, increasing the discount even further.
- 3 days’ paid leave when you need time off for dependents, and up to 5 days’ paid time off in the event of the loss of a loved one.
- 20% extended family discount for one additional family member who is not your own child.
Help your salary go further for the long-term
We know money matters, which is why we have established various financial schemes to reward you for your hard work and help you make your money go further:
- Annual pay reviews
- Free Uniform – unlike some nurseries, we don’t charge you to wear our uniform!
- Toad Hall staff who meet certain criteria set by the government will be auto-enrolled into our company pension scheme
- Toad Hall Rewards: a discount site that gives access to discounts and savings on over 850 retailers.
Appreciate all that you do
One of the many benefits of working in childcare is the team/employee spirit. As part of our commitment to supporting Toad Hall employees, we have put in place various activations and schemes to keep you motivated and to show you just how much we value your hard work:
- Referral scheme: If you refer a friend for a job at Toad Hall and their application is successful, we will pay you a one-off bonus of up to £1000 to thank you for your recommendation.
- Monthly recognition scheme for staff who go ‘above and beyond’.
- Regular staff surveys to hear your views and understand what we could be doing better.
- Regular competitions and prize draws for shopping vouchers and cinema vouchers to say thank you!
- Annual Christmas event: A great way to meet colleagues from other nurseries and celebrate successes.
What better way to find out about the benefits of working in childcare at Toad Hall than hearing straight from our current employees? Our employee reviews speak for themselves. Here’s what Chelsey from Head Office has to say:
“I have worked for Toad Hall Nursery now for just over 9 months. Even at interview stage I felt completely relaxed and everyone was so friendly. When I first started the job, I couldn’t believe the culture – it was so different to what I had previously known. I felt completely comfortable and everyone was amazing – they still are.
I love our Toad Hall Rewards system in where we can access our own website to get amazing discounts on hundreds of stores and earn some cash back also. Toad Hall are great for getting all of their staff involved – we have a summer BBQ in which all employees attend and also a brilliant Christmas party. We are fully committed to employee engagement.
We all know who everyone is by name and the CEO is very involved with all of us. Since I have joined Toad Hall I have completed loads of training and started my Level 4 Business and Administration in which my Manager has supported me greatly. Toad Hall is a great place to work – I can’t imagine being anywhere else!”
There you have it – the many benefits of working in childcare at Toad Hall. Think you could be interested? Check out our active nursery job vacancies and fill out our work for us form to start your journey with Toad Hall!