Dates for your Diary
Please have a look at our new ‘Events Page’ to see all of the fun activities we have planned!
Meet the Team
Each month we will be introducing a member of the Toad Hall team.
This month it is Wendy Elliott. Wendy is our daily lunch cover. She is a mum of 4 children.
“I have worked for Toad Hall Nurseries for 5 years. I love to get involved with anything messy and creative. I research lots of ideas for activities in my spare time and come in to test them out with the children, then I go home and do it all over again!”
Tax-Free Childcare: 10 things parents should know
I am sure you have all heard about the new tax break initiative due to come out. I have taken this information from the Gov.uk site. There is much more on the site if you would like to see more details.
1. The scheme will launch in autumn 2015
2. For every 80p you or someone else pays in, the government will top up an extra 20p
3. The scheme will be available for children up to the age of 12
4. To qualify, parents will have to be in work, earning just over an average of £50 a week and not more than £150,000 per year
5. Any eligible working family can use the Tax-Free Childcare scheme – it doesn’t rely on employers offering it
6. The scheme will also be available for parents who are self-employed
7. If you currently receive Employer-Supported Childcare then you can continue to do so
8. Parents and others can pay money into their childcare account as and when they like
9. The process will be as simple as possible for parents
10. You’ll be able to withdraw money from the account if you want to
Lots of parents asking for this recipe so thought we’d include it again:
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Cup of Boiling Water
- 1/2 Cup of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Food Colouring
- Vanilla Essence