At Toad Hall, we’re passionate about encouraging our children to get active and enjoy physical activities. Sport Relief is a perfect opportunity to come up with creative and fun activities across our nurseries while raising funds for a fantastic cause at the same time.
Sport Relief – why we’re getting active
Sport Relief is one of the UK’s biggest fundraising events with millions of people across Britain raising funds through sports and physical activity. Out of all the money raised, 50% is spent right here in the UK, helping those most in need, and the other 50% transforms lives in the world’s poorest communities. Toad Hall are delighted to be part of this iconic fundraiser.
How Toad Hall are taking part in Sport Relief 2016
On Friday 18th March Toad Hall Nurseries are planning lots of fantastic physical activities to get active and change lives:
- Bridge Road Nursery in Chessington will be raising money for Sport Relief with a sponsored obstacle course, a danceathon and a cake sale.
- Comer Crescent Nursery in Ealing are holding a Sport Relief day from 2pm-4pm where parents and children are invited to take part in a 6 step dance off / step it up activity followed by a healthy buffet tea!
- Haslemere Nursery will be encouraging their Rainbows and Dragonflies to get shimmy-ing with Timmy and selling yummy cakes on the day to raise money as well.
- Glover House Nursery in Hitchin will be taking part in lots of sports activities as well as a sponsored walk on Friday 18th March
- Langley Nursery will be doing a sponsored dance all week, enjoying a disco room all day on Friday and launching a “stepathon” for staff too!
- Manor Road Nursery will be joining in with Zumba dances, races and football games as well as a sponsored walk around the town.
- Ottershaw Nursery will be holding a Jump’a’thon event! This will take place throughout the week so that all children can take part; children are also encouraged to dress up as their favourite sporting hero.
- Puddleducks Nursery will be setting up obstacle courses and egg and spoon races as well as showing off their dance moves!
Let’s Get Physical for Sport Relief
Sport Relief is a fantastic opportunity for our children to stay active, and many of our nurseries are linking Sport Relief activities into our Let’s Get Physical initiative. This innovative programme is used by all of our Toad Hall Nurseries to make sure that children are getting plenty of physical activity. Let’s Get Physical is designed to encourage children to get the exercise they need for healthy living, growth and development.
Physical activity and movement is at the heart of Toad Hall’s approach to learning, so children can have lots of physical fun and focus on movement play, movement skills, movement and dance and a movement approach to learning.
We are delighted that so many of our Toad Hall Nurseries are getting active for Sport Relief and would like to wish them the very best of luck!